The purpose of the Crow Wing Energized steering committee is to establish and grow community support for policy, systems and environmental change work in obesity prevention and tobacco use and control. Crow Wing Energized also aims to enhance health and wellness through the development and implementation of a county wide strategic plan.
- Improve Crow Wing County health outcomes and health related costs.
- Communicate progress both internally and externally.
- Support goal group efforts and alignment with the county wide strategic plan.
- Document history of health and wellness movement.
- We seek to create and sustain a united approach to improving health and wellness in our community and surrounding areas, helping to make the healthy choice the easy choice.
- We seek collaboration towards solutions with multiple stakeholders (e.g. schools, worksites, medical center) to improve community engagement and commitment focused on improving community health.
- We seek to prioritize evidence based efforts around greatest community good that can be achieved through our available resources.
The Crow Wing Energized steering committee will have four main goal groups that will help with implementation and be driven by partnerships within these collaborating goal groups: Healthy Choices, Mental Fitness, Workplace Wellness, & Community Connections
Crow Wing Energized Steering Committee
Adam Rees – Essentia Health – Central Region President
Kara Griffin – Crow Wing County Community Services
Kathy Sell – Essentia Health – Marketing Manager
Gayle Nielsen – Essentia Health – Care Coordinator
Nathan Bertram – Crow Wing County
Mark Ostgarden – City of Brainerd – City Planner
Matt Kilian – Brainerd Lakes Chamber CEO
Aimee Jambor – Brainerd School District Health Services
Carolyn McQueen – University of MN – Extension Nutrition Educator
Shane Riffle – Brainerd Lakes YMCA – Executive Director
Renee Richardson – Brainerd Dispatch – Associate Editor
Tom Gonzalez – PointWay Church – Pastor
Paulette Thoennes – CTC
Robin Loftis – CLOW Stamping
Joanna Collins – Brainerd Lakes YMCA
Mara Larson – Heartland Hospice – Business Development Manager
Crow Wing Energized Support Staff
Cassie Carey – Crow Wing Energized Coordinator
Jessica Waytashek – Crow Wing Energized Specialist
Kalsey Stults – Crow Wing Energized Community Health Specialist
Millie Engisch – Crow Wing Energized Specialist, Essentia Health Marketing