National Diabetes Prevention (NDPP) Lifestyle Change Coach Certification Training
September 25 @ 9:00 am - September 26 @ 5:00 pm| $750
Become a certified lifestyle coach by taking this two-day course September 25 and 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., so you can teach others how to create a healthier lifestyle and prevent diabetes in a 22 session diabetes prevention program.
Groups meet with a trained instructor to help participants lose weight, eat healthier and increase physical activity. 16 sessions are offered over 6 months, and 6 monthly follow-up sessions for the remainder of the year.
After this training you will know how to:
- Learn how to facilitate and utilize the evidence-based curriculum for the National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP) by supplying diabetes prevention education and support to people with pre-diabetes.
- Help support those to lose weight, increase physical activity, develop problem solving skills and coping skills. Participants are expected to launch at least one NDPP class offering over the course of the next year following training.
- Truly make a healthy difference in the lives of community members by helping others develop a healthy lifestyle.
- 1 out 3 individuals currently have pre-diabetes — but 9 out of 10 times people don’t know it. (That’s about 79 million people)
- By achieving the goals of the program (listed below) — 58-percent fewer people developed type-2 diabetes.
The goals of the program:
- Decrease body weight by 5-7% (usually about 10-15 pounds)
- Increase physical activity up to 150 minutes per week
Cassie Carey, contact Cassie.Carey@EssentiaHealth.org
Funded in part by support from Crow Wing Energized, Juniper, Central MN Council on Aging, and Essentia Health.