Connecting community resources is at the heart of the Crow Wing Energized movement. Community grant applications are now being accepted for 2018-2019 Healthy Schools Community Grants. Download the application here.
Workplace Wellness Grants
Healthy Community Grants
When choosing grant applicants we prioritized those who closely followed the Crow Wing Energized Guiding Principles:
- We seek to create and sustain a united approach to improving health and wellness in our community and surrounding area.
- We seek collaboration towards solutions with multiple stakeholders (e.g. schools, worksites, medical center) to improve community engagement and commitment focused on improving community health.
- We seek to prioritize evidence based efforts around greatest community good that can be achieved through our available resources.
Qualifying grants are provided on a first come basis, so we advise partners to apply early.
Check out these frequently asked questions.
- Aging Coalition Resource Phone Numbers»
- Advance Directive FAQ»
- Honoring Choices MN Healthcare Directive
- Aging with Dignity’s 5 Wishes Advance Directive»
Resources in Crow Wing County
- Alcoholics Anonymous – achieve sobriety
- Bridges of Hope – build bridges of support, anchored in Christ’s love, between families and the community assets
- Brainerd Lakes Limbs & Things Amputee Group – networking and support for amputees and their families
- Camp Vanasek – outdoor youth camp, Whipple Lake, environment
- The Center – community resource on aging
- Child Care Aware – child care referrals, resources, education
- City of Brainerd – Walkable/Bikable City Committee – walk, bike, Brainerd
- City of Crosby – Active Living Advisory Group – Crosby, bike, walk
- Crisis Line and Referral Service – confidential, non-judgmental 24/7 crisis line for people who need a listening ear, information, referral resources, or crisis mental health intervention 800-462-5525
- Crosslake Community School – Wellness Committee – school, staff wellness
- Crow Wing County – Crow Wing, services, health, emergency services, children, families, veteran, victims
- Crow Wing County Licensed Family Child Care Association – child care, health, safety, education
- Crow Wing County Victim Services – support, court related, and financial services for crime victims
- Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Crew – Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trail and the volunteers that maintain them
- Early Childhood Coalition – fatherhood, kindergarten transition, safety, healthy eating
- Essentia Health – health, wellness, doctor, emergency, mental health
- Five Wings Art Council – encourage and promote arts creation, appreciation, and education through grant programs and technical assistance
- Infant Feeding Support – 855-710-BABY (855-710-2229) lactation specialists, M-F, 8am – 4:30pm
- Kitchigama Regional Library System – Brainerd – public library and learning programs
- Kiwanis Club – children, active living, service
- Mid MN Womens’ Center – 24-hour emergency shelter for battered women and their children
- Minnesota Food Charter – resources for schools, health care, communities, and work places
- Minnesota Licensed Family Child Care Association – education, resources, services, advocacy
- New Pathways – shelter for children and families, emergency
- Northland Arboretum – nature preservation, recreation, education, research
- Operation Sandwich – healthy food for children (not during the school year)
- Parent Aware – childcare, kindergarten readiness
- Paul Bunyan Cyclists – promoting safe and enjoyable cycling
- Region 5 Recovery – mental health news, events, announcements
- Salvation Army – meet the material and emotional needs of a person before ministering to them spiritually
- Senior Linkage Line – Click to download Brainerd flyer, or click to download Staples flyer
- United Way of Crow Wing and Southern Cass Counties – improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community
- Veterans Services – information and services for veterans
- Veteran Aid
- Wellness in the Woods – mental fitness