The Aging Coalition is a focus area under Crow Wing Energized Healthy Choices. Current membership includes 25 people representing 16 home and community-based organizations who provide services to people 65 and better living in Crow Wing County. The core group meets every other month while task groups develop their own meeting schedule based on their current work. Task groups report their actions and work plans to the core group. All members of the Coalition are expected to serve on at least one task group.
To develop and promote health and wellness options for the aging population in Crow Wing County.
Provide education on available services, programs and events in Crow Wing County to professionals and citizens. Promote collaborations with the following professionals and audiences:
- Health Systems in Crow Wing County
- Community at large
- Aging population/residents
- Government-State, County, Local
- Faith-based organizations
- Service Clubs
- Businesses in CWC
- The Center
Be the driving force that explores and implements strategies that address the social, mental, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the aging population, their caregivers and families. Our list of immediate issues is below but is subject to change as the needs of the aging population changes.
- Fall Awareness And Prevention
- Advance Care Planning (Health Care Directives)
- Healthy Eating
- Care Transitions
- Active Lifestyle/Socialization
- Caregiver Resources
Task groups are identified and formed according to the activities listed as priority issues. Current task groups are:
- Falls Awareness and Prevention
- Advance Planning (Health Care Directives)
- Community Resources for Seniors
- CREATE with Wisdom
- Senior Services Collaboration.
The second Wednesday in January, March, May, July, September and November from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at the Land Services Building, 322 Laurel Street, Brainerd.
|Kathleen Gilbride, M.Ed
Central MN Council on Aging
Gayle Nielsen, MSN
Resources for Seniors
copy over this table of information: http://crowwingenergized.org/seniorresources/
Advanced Care Planning Appointments
A healthcare directive allows you to:
- Appoint someone to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to make the decisions for yourself.
- Give instructions to your decision maker about the kind of care you want and don’t want.
Appointments are available for assistance. Free assistance provided by Essentia Health – St. Joseph’s Medical Center Mission and Pastoral Services 218-828-7530 or 218-828-7531
- Honoring Choices MN Healthcare Directive
- Minnesota Advance Care Directive
Senior Linkage Lines
- Guide to Senior Nutrition
- Moving Tips for Seniors
- Financial Resources for Seniors
- Guide to Medicare and Medicaid for Seniors
- Medicare and Medicaid Explained
- Veterans Benefits for Seniors
- Legal Planning for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
The Center – provides a community focal point on aging.