The purpose of the Crow Wing Energized steering committee is to establish and grow community support for policy, systems and environmental change work in obesity prevention and tobacco use and control. Crow Wing Energized also aims to enhance health and wellness through the development and implementation of a county wide strategic plan.
- Improve Crow Wing County health outcomes and health related costs.
- Communicate progress both internally and externally.
- Support goal group efforts and alignment with the county wide strategic plan.
- Document history of health and wellness movement.
- Collaborate towards solutions with multiple stakeholders (e.g. schools, worksites, medical centers, public health) to improve community health.
- Build trust through collaboration with community members experiencing health disparities.
- Prioritize sustainable evidence based efforts around the greatest community good.
- Create clear, specific, realistic, and action-oriented goals to improve priority health indicators.
The Crow Wing Energized steering committee will have four main goal groups that will help with implementation and be driven by partnerships within these collaborating goal groups: Healthy Choices, Mental Fitness, Workplace Wellness, & Community Connections
Crow Wing Energized Steering Committee
Kara Griffin – Crow Wing County Community Services
Mike Larson – Essential Health, Vice President Operations
Steve Barrows – Crow Wing County Commissioner
Nathan Bertram – Crow Wing County, Adult Services Supervisor
Charles Blacklance – Central Lakes College, Trio Programs Director
Bill Brekken– Crow Wing County Commissioner
David Chanski – City of Brainerd, Community Development Director
Julie Christensen – Nystrom Counseling
Daryl Doucette – Mid Minnesota Federal Credit Union, Vice President of Human Resources
Heidi Hagen – ISD 186 Pequot Lakes Schools, Business Manager
Karen Johnson – Crow Wing Energized Program Director, Community Health
Carolyn McQueen – University of MN, Extension Nutrition Educator
Cindy Myogeto – Crosslake Chamber of Commerce
Traci Moreland – Essentia Health
Mara Pointer – St. Croix Hospice, Care Transition Coordinator
Dr. Jon Pryor – Essentia Health, President
Adam Rees – ACR Consulting, LLC, President
Renee Richardson – Brainerd Dispatch, Associate Editor
Shane Riffle – Brainerd Lakes YMCA, Executive Director
Kim Rollins – United Way of Crow Wing and S. Cass Counties, Director
Kathy Sell – Essentia Health, Marketing Manager
Ryan Sjoblad – Heartland Homecare and Hospice
Susie Stetson-Buchite – Big Stone Therapies
Kalsey Stults – Crow Wing Energized, Community Health Specialist
Crow Wing Energized Support Staff
Karen Johnson – Crow Wing Energized, Program Director, Community Health
Kalsey Stults – Crow Wing Energized, SHIP Coordinator, Community Health Specialist
Kara Schaefer – Crow Wing Energized, Community Health Educator
Millie Engisch – Crow Wing Energized, Marketing Specialist