Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This class will meet once a week for 2 hours each session. The program is 8 weeks long.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Patients, visitors and staff always need to wear a mask inside any of the Essentia facilities. As mask mandates end, Essentia Health will continue to follow CDC guidance. The CDC says people in health care settings should still wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status. We ask for your understanding and support of this important safety measure.