The following are the Health and Wellness measurements and indicators that Crow Wing Energized will be utilized to determine the impact of this grassroots movement over time.
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)1
- Established in 1984 by the CDC
- State-based system of health surveys that collects information on health risk behaviors, preventive health practices, and health care access primarily related to chronic disease and injury
- Every year, state health departments conduct monthly telephone surveillance using a standardized questionnaire among non-institutionalized adults (18+)
- More than 430,000 interviews conducted in 2011
- County Health Rankings2
- US Census Bureau State and County QuickFacts3
- Used for county-level demographics
1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Data. Atlanta, Georgia: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. County Health Rankings 2012. Accessible at www.countyhealthrankings.org.
3Accessible at: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/index.html